HOME

 


Intro - about me ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ‘€

Hi there! I am Serena, in class DCHE2A04๐ŸŒˆ! 



I have 2 younger sisters and it sucks to be the oldest because you get all the blame even when it ain't your fault :/ I enjoy playing chess♜ and solving crossword puzzles ๐Ÿงฉ! Fun Fact - i used to ice skate ⛸❄ competitively in my childhood years but then PSLE required 100% of my attention so i was forced to stop and from there on i never had the chance to return as life became more intense whoop :( However, i'm currently practicing taekwondo externally in a bid to lead a healthy lifestyle and to learn self-defence because as all our lecturers in DCHE emphasise "Safety is priority" :D Im a sucker for kpop and i stan Blackpink๐Ÿ’—❤, Taemin, SuperM and Taeyon!! I love watching kdramas๐Ÿ’… and horror movies๐Ÿ‘ป, my favourite festive occasion being Halloween ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

This is yet another semester so there'd be new modules like CPDD which is what this blog is for. Dr Noel Kristian is my Lecturer This module is exactly new as it is a continuation of a previous module - ICPD. In order to do well in life, we need to have goals so there are definitely goals I would like to achieve in this module as well in order to improve myself for this module as i was not satisfied with my performance in ICPD. Moreover, this module has group aspects during practicals and prototyping and we've retained the same groups so we had a better understanding of each other already and came up with roles and responsibilities + a team agreement of rules. Continue reading!...


  • 2 Personal Goals ๐Ÿ’ช I wish to achieve in CP5070 by the end of the semester ๐Ÿ’ซ

- I want to improve my CAD skills ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“ in Fusion 360 in CP5070

- I want to improve my presentation skills๐Ÿ‘ฏ such that i would be an effective pitcher in grabbing my audience's attention ๐Ÿ‘‚, sustaining it and being able to convince them of my chemical product at the end of my presentation ๐Ÿ’ฅ.


  • Strategies i will take to achieve my goals ๐Ÿ‘ท๐Ÿ“Œ 

- I will practice ๐Ÿ’ช using Fusion 360 whenever i am free by watching youtube tutorials on how to create different items on FUSION via CAD in order to hone my skills and become more confident in using the application such that i would be able to add value to my team ๐Ÿ™Œwhen we enter the prototyping phase ๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ“.

- I will watch Youtube videos of effective pitchers e.g. Steve Jobs and analyse how they present which makes them effective pitchers ๐Ÿ™‡ (e.g. Steve Jobs๐ŸŽ uses simple yet unusual pictures in his slides ๐Ÿ’ป which makes it easy for people to understand ๐Ÿ‘Œ his point - allowing him to connect better with the audience, convince them and sell his idea/point effectively.), I will practice pitching๐Ÿ‘ท at home to my family members๐Ÿ‘ช in simple situations e.g. I will try to convince my mum to let me buy the new Samsung smartwatch๐Ÿ˜…⌚.


  • I will know whether I have accomplished this goal because, if I have, by the end of the semester:

- Gotten a new Samsung Smartwatch⌚ from my mother then it means i was able to effectively pitch my points to her and convince her to buy it for me :D

- Been able to draw a simple design๐Ÿ“ of my group's chemical product on Fusion 360 and it is an accurate visual๐Ÿ‘€ of the Chemical Product we seek to build (How would it be deemed an accurate depiction -> when my lecturer tells me it resembles my group's Chemical product)๐Ÿ’ฅ

- After my presentation at least 3 of my classmates tells me they were convinced๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™‹.


  • Team rules and agreement

1. Every member will put in their 100% EFFORT๐Ÿ˜ƒ to produce HIGH QUALITY ๐Ÿ†work.

2. Every member will constantly update each other of their progress during groupwork e.g. practical/prototyping phase ๐Ÿ“

3. Every member will be FOCUSED ✍and COMMITTED ๐Ÿ’ชto the team - NO DISTRACTIONS ☮

4. Every member will TURN UP during group meetings ๐Ÿ‘ท- and inform the team AT LEAST 1 day BEFORE if cannot. ๐Ÿ™Œ (Group meetings would happen online, either Sat/Sun 2-5pm)

5. Every member will PARTICIPATE ACTIVELY ๐Ÿ™‹ in all discussions. ๐Ÿ’ญ

6. Every member will be OPEN ๐Ÿ‘ฏ to new ideas, suggestions from others. ๐Ÿ‘‚

7. Every member will HAVE FUN ๐ŸŽ‰


  • Roles and Responsibilities of the group :

๐Ÿ’ LEADER  -> Serena

- Sets the correct attitude and area of focus for the team 

- Provides the team with overall support 

- Coordinates and guides the team to complete tasks at a high standard.

- Constantly monitors the team's progress 

- Constantly communicates with the team to clarify goals and tasks weekly


๐Ÿ“ƒ SCRIBE -> Kenny

- Constantly takes initiative to take down meeting notes whenever we meet as a group online to discuss.

- Records and Documents ideas, procedures, discussions, results, revised versions of the initial ideas during tutorial sessions or practical sessions and updates the rest of the group.


 ๐Ÿ“ธ PHOTOGRAPHER + ⏳ TIMEKEEPER -> Jerome

- Captures media such as photographs and videos which are important/useful in:

  •  documenting procedures, results, process of experiments for the team to recall and re-live the practicals done before 
  • conveying reflections/lessons learnt by the group from practicals , discussions and more

- Monitors the time taken by the group to carry out activities e.g in practicals, discussions etc

- Feedback to the group on how can the group stay focused/improve based on the group's time management.


๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“ฆMaker -> Kairong

- Spearheads the group in the prototyping phase

  • leads the prototyping of the chemical product
  • leads planning for prototype during group discussions
  • delegates roles to the rest of the group in contributing towards prototyping
  • checks progress with the rest of the group in terms of completion of their parts 

Comments